After reading some letter to the editor from a local paper, I want to share with everyone how we can ALL jump on local newspapers online to comment/influence public opinion.
The sort and dirty version is this for those who can just GO:
1. Find your local papers online that you wish to "visit." REGISTER on them- you cannot comment unless you register. You don't have to use your real name, just a real email for confirmations. I have a couple dummy emails I use for this purpose.
2. Visit them regularly; keep your comments civil and instructive. When rebutting a piece, don't be wordy: make your point, back it up with facts/quotes.. lengthy diatribes paint a target on your back. Save them for guest op-eds or such.
3. Our goal is to educate, help, and harness the frustrated patriots out there who are drinking the kool aid because they think it is tea. We won't win them over by insults; we will win them over with facts form the health care bill; honest info.
4. Don't waste your time on trying to course correct the libs, Use your energy where it is best spent!! As Eleanor Roosevelt said... "Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent." Withhold your energies from the libs.... focus on the middle silent majority who needs clarification and truth from US!!!!
5. Remember: People are looking for a way to dismiss us, but some smart people will follow other smart people. How can we get our points across so that the smart ones listen?
My plan here for the next couple weeks: I need someone who knows ( or knows where to find a list of) all the papers in SWMI to target: I'd like to create one master list of all papers and their links to post on this website; so a patriot can use this list to click and go.
THEN, as a group, we can watch these papers.... and use our free speech to counter the kool aid (couldn't resist the joke sorry).
NEEDED: one patriot that can monitor this list of papers, and alert the group when we all need to comments on one particular letter/article." Anyone online alot and want a job to do?
Beth G- Publicity Group